Cookie Robots are initially unassuming monocular machines. Given the small size of their primary parts, they are brisk and agile, can scale walls, in addition to being able to contract easily. Cookie Robots can be fully automatic (or manually operated), highly intelligent, are capable of cracking safes open with hacking, and can operate in highly organized squads, with an officer (blue navy cap) leading the rest of the team (green soldier helmets).
After witnessing the girls selling cookies to Vector, Gru comes up with an idea, and asks for Dr. Nefario to create Cookie Robots.
cookie robots are mixed with cookies delivered by Agnes, Edith, and Margo. After Vector buys them, he dumps the cookies and the bots into a bowl before moving off. The Cookie Robots then spring to action, hacking Vector's Vault and cutting the wall open, allowing Gru and his two minions to enter. However, the robots later sealed the gate from outside for unknown reasons (possibly due to Nefario being unable to debug the bots properly, given the time he has to make them), forcing Gru to escape from the vent. Vector then unintentionally eats one of the cookie bots (which has not left the bowl, due to possible malfunctions). He does not recognize it and continues eating anyways.
Appearances In Other Media
The cookie robots are used by Meena as a weapon in Minion Rush. There are two types, big and small; the bigger one must be kept the minion from being crashed while the smaller one can be clicked and then the robot will collide with Meena, which will make her fall from her cart after several collisions.
Cookie robots can also be used by minions in Minion Races, and appear as Cookie Bots. When equipping it in minion races, the minion can place it on the track. When other minions bump into it, the robot explodes and slows down other minions.
- When Gru asked Nefario to create Cookie Robots, he misheard Gru's instruction and made the "Boogie Robots" instead. After Gru scolds him at the result, Nefario makes the cookie robots correctly.
- There were seven Cookie robots in total, including the one Vector ate.
- The Cookie robot's operating system is version 1.7. This number is questionable, given that Dr. Nefario had little time to create an abundance of prototypes.
- The cookie robots in Minion Rush are very different from the original ones in the film. In the game, the bigger robots are as big as Minions, while in the original film they are the size of a regular cookie. It's also questionable for which purpose Dr. Nefario needed to create bigger cookie robots.
- As Vector is unable to distinguish cookie robots from real cookies even after eating them, it is assumed that Nefario used certain biodegradable yet mechanically sturdy materials to forge the robots.
- All cookie bots are disguised as chocolate chip cookies.
|Shrink Ray • Piranha Gun • Fart Gun • Boogie Robots • Cookie Robots • Rocket Launcher • Big Blaster Cannon • Freeze Ray • Squid Launcher • Laser Gun|
|Despicable Me 2|
|Lipstick Taser • Flamethrower • Jelly Gun • Mild Moose Tranquilizer Darts • Watch Epoxy Shooter • Fart Gun • Freeze Ray|
|Lava Lamp Gun • Hypno-Hat • Stretch Suit • Scarlet's Rocket Dress • Freeze Ray • Herb's Laser Enlarger|