|“||OOOOHHH PATI ARRR TAAAAHHH BAAAH!||”|
— Evil Kevin
The Evil Minions are very different from regular Minions: having purple skin, long arms, wild frizzy purple hair that spreads out like a mane, big sharp crooked teeth, and an under bite which few of their teeth sticks out of their big mouths. As they are wild and their appearance is in a feral state, they don't usually speak. Rather, they scream, roar, growl, bite anything, and snarl most of the time. The Evil Minions have larger feet, which makes them run faster than a normal Minion.
Evil Minions shares traits from other subjects mutated by PX-41: Drastically increased offensive power and defensive durability as well as mobility, all at the cost of their cognitive ability resulting in them unable to produce proper speech. They retain their horde mentality, however. Additionally, Evil Minions are weak to sonic attacks which immobilizes them until the source ceases, and their eyesight is generally poor, being unable to distinguish friend from foe unless it is made obvious enough.
When the normal Minions are mutated by the PX-41, they are transformed into aggressive, wild, mindless, bloodthirsty, destructive monsters that are completely indestructible, and will eat/destroy anything in their path. When they do not attack, they will shake their heads without constraint.
Despicable Me 2
When the Minions are injected with PX-41, they turn into Evil Minions and are planned to be stuffed into rockets that will land in various cities such as New York, Paris, Tokyo, Hoboken, and Moscow. Once this all happens it is likely that they will destroy and eat all the people in those countries and El Macho plans to treat all of the evil minions as his slaves.
However, Nefario realizes that El Macho has went too far after capturing Gru's partner Lucy Wilde, so he quits and creates an antidote and mixes it into the awful-tasting jelly Gru is developing, utilizing a rapid fire delivery system to turn all the mutated Minions back to normal. Although one Evil Minion somehow escaped and appeared at Gru and Lucy's wedding; when the family were taking group pictures, he roared in front of the camera on the last picture, much to everyone's shock.
Evil Minions are no longer seen after the end of Despicable Me 2, implying that all are cured.
Notable Evil Minions
Check out this page gallery!
- Ironically, the normal minions are referred to as Gru's evil minions in the first film.
- All the Evil Minions had El Macho change their uniform, except for Tom who was still in his maid uniform instead of black overalls with a white "M" as a logo.
- The Evil Minions retain their love of Bananas.
- As seen near the end of Despicable Me 2, it is unknown how the last Evil Minion escaped or what become of him after, though is very likely he was soon cured with the antidote shortly after roaring at the camera.
- Mike is the only Evil Minion with continuous transformation. (He didn't change his overalls even though he is an Evil Minion.) Also Mike did not change into his normal form with the antidote. Instead he coughed out the serum on the kittens (seen in Panic in the Mailroom), which made mutant cats.
- They are a reference to the symbiotes from the Marvel comics.
- The screams, behaviors and actions of the Evil Minions seem similar to the Rabbids in the Rayman Raving Rabbids series and Mickey Mouse in the 1995 Disney short Runaway Brain.
- During one of the theater ad/videos, An Evil Minion became friends with a normal Minion for stopping a cell phone from ringing in its stomach.
|Minions • Evil Minions|
|Bob (Despicable Me • Bob) • Carl (Despicable Me • Despicable Me 2) • Chris • Dave • Donny • Eric • Henry • Jerry (Despicable Me/Despicable Me 3 • Despicable Me 2) • John • Ken • Kevin (Despicable Me • Despicable Me 2/Minions) • Lance • Mark • Mel • Mike • Norbert • Otto • Peter • Phil (Despicable Me • Despicable Me 2) • Paul (Minion Rush) • Stuart • Tim (Despicable Me • Despicable Me 2) • Tom (Despicable Me 2/Despicable Me 3 • Minions) • Tony|
|Minion Rush • Minions Paradise|