|“||Oh, this ain't a Jelly Gun, sunshine.||”|
The Fart Gun is a weapon created by Dr. Nefario.
It looks like a metallic rifle with a canister on top holding blue liquid and an object like a shower head attached to the end. This distributes brown gas which can travel for about a meter and a half before dissipating. True to it's name, when fired, it sounds like someone farting, and its gas is noxious and disgusting. Regardless, this weapon is used as a respectful salute tool, such as the 21-fart gun salute.
Dr. Nefario introduced this as a new weapon Gru ordered and fired it once, aiming for a minion (possibly Kevin), and knocks the minion out. A frustrated Gru then said he told him to make a "Dart Gun". Dr. Nefario puts it away, and responds: "Yes. I was wondering, under what circumstances would we use this?"
Despicable Me 2
In Despicable Me 2, the weapon returns. It is used by the Minions for a 21-Fart Gun salute in honor of Dr. Nefario's departure for a new employment offer. The second time, the Fart Gun is used by Dr. Nefario to completely incapacitate the mutated El Macho.
Despicable Me 3
Appearances in Other Media
Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem
The Fart Gun is used as a threat to the minions in Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem. Somehow, the fart gun's scent is replaced with that of bananas.
In Despicable Me: Minion Rush, sometimes two minions can be found on the side of the track playing with the Fart Gun. If your minion runs into them, the screen will be momentarily covered in green gas. A Despicable Bonus will be awarded to the player's Minion who will automatically knock a Minion playing with the Fart Gun.
In the Jelly Lab Update, the Fart Gun's effects have been been strengthened. When the player runs through its gas, the entire screen will be covered in liquid, greatly blinding the player's view. This can be dangerous in some areas, as the player won't be able to see oncoming obstacles in his way, usually resulting in colliding into one. Also in this update, Minions will spawn and use the Fart Gun in Vector's Fortress.
In Minion Race update, the Fart Gun is also used as a gadget. It is a two-star defense weapon which generates green fumes and obstruct vision. Additionally, enemies are slowed down for the entire duration of the fumes.
The fart gun is sold under the label "Fart Blaster", as a Toys R Us exclusive, though some have been sold in a toy store at Universal Studios Citywalk and on Amazon.
- Fart Gun has a unique firing sound which appropriately resembles farting.
- If is also one of the only weapons that is powered by a gas.
- Originally, Felonius Gru asked Dr. Nefario to develop a "Dart Gun", but Nefario misheard what Gru said and developed the Fart Gun, much to the former's chagrin.
- Nefario also commented in Despicable Me that there won't be a place for them to use it. Indeed, Fart Gun has very few applications such as for salutes and against El Macho in Despicable Me 2.
- Gru did not ask Nefario to develop a Dart Gun after he sees the Fart Gun, unlike when he asks Nefario to develop the Cookie Robots when Nefario accidentally made Boogie Robots. This was most likely due to the fact that the Dart Gun won't serve much use than the Fart Gun either.
- Nefario has kept a Fart Gun all the time during the events of Despicable Me 2, as seen when he brings it out to knock out El Macho.
- The 21-Fart Gun Salute is a reference to the 21-gun salute, performed with muskets at important ceremonies such as funerals.
|Shrink Ray • Piranha Gun • Fart Gun • Boogie Robots • Cookie Robots • Rocket Launcher • Big Blaster Cannon • Freeze Ray • Squid Launcher • Laser Gun|
|Despicable Me 2|
|Lipstick Taser • Flamethrower • Jelly Gun • Mild Moose Tranquilizer Darts • Watch Epoxy Shooter • Fart Gun • Freeze Ray|
|Lava Lamp Gun • Hypno-Hat • Stretch Suit • Scarlet's Rocket Dress • Freeze Ray • Herb's Laser Enlarger|