|Need more bananas!|
This article is a stub. You can help Despicable Me Wiki by expanding it as well as you can.
Freedonia is an island where Robert Gru and Dru Gru established and the later used to live in. After acknowledging the existence of his twin brother Dru, Felonius Gru takes his family to visit Freedonia to meet him.
Freedonia has a Mediterranean appearance, though the inhabitants speak English, they wear German clothing and have German writing as tradition. During the Gru family's visit, Freedonians are having a Cheese Festival, where there are bustling market stalls of candy and crowded celebration activities, people wear traditional dress with children and little girls having a cheese dance as part of betrothal; there are also cheese statues for celebration.
Unlike the police in Gru's neighborhood, the Freedonian police are harsh on crime, as revealed when a police chase quickly ensued after Dru stole candy; although, instead of police cars, they ride bikes or pigs to chase Gru and Dru. The Freedonians are also very tied to their customs and traditions, as Niko's Mother shows by cursing Margo when she turns down the betrothal proposed by Niko. However, most Freedonians seem to be skeptical about legends, such as existence of unicorns.
- Dru's Mansion, the place where Robert Gru raised his son Dru. There is a large hog population living within, being Gru family's business as cover of Robert's villainy.
- Tipsy Unicorn, where Agnes is convinced that she can find a unicorn.
- The island's name is taken from the 1933 Marx brothers film Duck Soup, where the main events of the film take place on a country of the same name.
- The shape of Freedonia resembles a pig head.
- Felonius Gru has a Freedonian descent of 55.7%
- In a DNA test for Gru, Freedonia is shown to be in Europe.
|Great Pyramid of Giza • Gru's House • Gru's Lab • Bank of Evil • Miss Hattie's Home for Girls • Top Secret Research Facility • Vector's House • Super Silly Fun Land • Moon|
|Despicable Me 2|
|PX-Labs • Gru's House • Pier 12 • Anti-Villain League • Paradise Mall • Gru's Lab • Bake My Day • Eagle Hair Club • Salsa & Salsa • Minion Beach • Zarelli's Italian Restaurant • El Macho's Lair|
|Minion Ice Cave • Fancy's Department Store • Villain-Con • Scarlet's Castle • Tower of London • Buckingham Palace • Westminster Abbey • Pig's Spleen|
|Despicable Me 3|
|Shaka Hut • Gru's House • Freedonia • Dru's Mansion • Tipsy Unicorn • State Prison • Bratt's Lair • Hollywood|
|Mailroom • Secret Bomb Lab • National Museum • Fuzzy Memories|
|Appearances in Other Media|
|Minion Rush • Minions Paradise|