Panic in the Mailroom is a short film that is attached to the home release of Despicable Me 2.
The Minions Mike and Ken are busy at work in the Mailroom. Ken, bored, decides to throw a box of expired PX-41 samples into its designated chute. The box explodes and the serum pours to him, which mutates Mike to an Evil Minion. The infected Minion mutates back forth between his normal body and his PX-41 affected body, and he eventually eats lot of packages.
This leads to trouble when three kittens end up in a box headed towards the mailroom. Ken manages to keep the kittens out of Mike's hands. At last, Mike coughs out the PX-41 out, but the mutagen lands on the kittens and they are thus mutated to giant monsters.
- The kittens that appear in this short apparently were kidnapped a few months before, as shown in Training Wheels.
- This is one of 2 mini-movies that doesn't feature any one-eyed minions. The second one is The Secret Life of Kyle
- The short takes place in the December of 2013, as shown on the calendar behind Mike. This was also when the short was released.
- This is the only mini movie to date when an Evil Minion appears.
- The kittens are the third animal species to be mutated by PX-41 (the first one was the rabbit and the second species were Gru's Minions in Despicable Me 2).
- The font used for the title and credits is the same font used for the Angry Birds logo.
- This is one of the few mini-movies that minion(s) are mentioned by name (the other one is Orientation Day).
|Despicable Me (2010) • Despicable Me 2 (2013) • Minions (2015) • Despicable Me 3 (2017)|
|Minions 2 (2020)|
|Minion Madness (Home Makeover • Orientation Day • Banana) (2010) • (Puppy • Panic in the Mailroom • Training Wheels) (2013) • (Binky Nelson Unpacified • Competition • Cro Minion) (2015) • Mower Minions (2016)