This page is trivia about Sing. Please add any trivia that pertain to that article.
- Before the film, four minions, include Mel, Kevin, Stuart and Bob, stand at the logo of Illumination. Kevin plays a harmonica, sings a G tone with the solfège "La", and then he starts a chorus of "Illumination" with other three minions in D key. The high-pitched voice of Bob causes the light of some letters of the logo goes out.
- The film made a cameo appearance in The Secret Life of Pets, when Max and Snowball are driving a bus to save Tattoo, Lizzard and Duke the poster can be briefly seen on the back of the bus.
- These letters can become a word "MINION". On the other hand, before The Secret Life of Pets, the letters of "MINION" spawn first.
- A lizard man similar to one in the film Minions can be seen when Johnny was talking to his dad at prison.
- The film features over 85 hit songs from the 1940s to the present day.
- This is Taron Egerton's first time working on an animated feature. He has stated that he has a love for singing.
- The second Illumination's musical film, after The Lorax.
- Sing is Illumination's first longest film, with a running time of 107 minutes.
- It is Seth MacFarlane's first voiceover work in a full-length animated feature not under his studio's Fuzzy Door Productions label.
- A sneak peek of the teaser trailer was released on February 11, 2016, featuring animals singing certain popular songs:
- A pig (Gunter) sings (and dancing to) Bad Romance by Lady Gaga.
- A buffalo sings Butterfly by Crazy Town.
- A sheep sings Kiss from a Rose by Seal.
- A trio of rabbits sing Anaconda by Nicki Minaj.
- A snail sings Ride Like the Wind by Christopher Cross.
- The pig (Rosita) that tripped was starting to sing Venus by Bananarama.
- This was the fourth animated feature film of 2016 following Kung Fu Panda 3, Zootopia, and The Angry Birds Movie, to be set in a world of anthropomorphic animals.
- This is the first time that two Illumination films were released in the same year. The Secret Life of Pets was released 5 months before Sing.
- This film marks the 1st CGI film and 2nd family film since Tooth Fairy that Seth MacFarlane has been involved in.
- In the full-length official trailer, the gorilla Johnny sings The Way I Feel Inside by The Zombies and 'Stay With Me' by Sam Smith.
- This is the second film in 2016 to feature Scarlett Johansson in a voice-over role, following The Jungle Book (2016).
- This is Reese Witherspoon's second animated movie since Monsters vs. Aliens (2009).
- The first film to be directed by Garth Jennings in nearly ten years following Son of Rambow (2007). This film also represents first foray into animated filmmaking.
- The official teaser trailer was released on "President's Day" in (February 15) 2016.
- This will be the first collaboration between Reese Witherspoon and Matthew McConaughey since Mud (2012).
- This marks the 2nd time that Seth MacFarlane has played a character named Mike after the Family Guy episode, Cool Hand Peter where Peter tricks Lois on the phone.
- This is the first Illumination film to not feature any humans, followed by The Grinch.
- This is the first Illumination film to be released in December.
- This marks British composer Joby Talbot's first scoring debut in an animated film.
- A Wilhelm Scream is heard when Richard, a water buffalo, steps on Raymond, a snail.
- With the running time of 1 hour and 48 minutes, this is the longest Illumination film in history.
- The fifth Illumination film to be accompanied by three shorts for home media releases, after Despicable Me, The Lorax, Despicable Me 2 and Minions.
- The final Illumination film until The Secret Life of Pets 2 to be produced in a 1.78:1 aspect ratio, The next film Despicable Me 3 will become the first film to be produced in a 2.40:1 widescreen aspect ratio.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.